Senior Environmental Specialist Consultant
Posted: May 24th, 2018
Position Type: Environmental Assessment Services
Location: Weyburn/Swift Current, SK
Job Number: #14-0703-02
Do you want to be a part of something great? A part of history? Then you want to be a part of Summit! We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Environmental Assessment Services (EAS) Division as a Senior Environmental Specialist (Competition #14-0703-02). This is a primarily field based position.
You will carry out your duties in consultation with the Project Manager/Project Coordinator, EAS on all matters. The primary duties include: organizing/managing work plans for selected Oil and Gas clients, scheduling and follow up with office staff to ensure necessary field and office work is executed in a timely fashion. You will also draft, review and submit all daily field reports, diagrams, site observations as well as make site recommendations.
The successful applicant will be responsible for mentoring a team on the delivery of projects ensuring the quality, cost efficiency and timeliness of deliverables related to: handling all Alberta-based Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Assessments and other jobs types that may be required from time to time.
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic Team of technical administrators, business development professionals, an in house IT department and many other highly experienced, skilled and educated Professionals. You will report directly to the Project Manager/Project Coordinator, EAS.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Candidates must be prepared to work in a multidisciplinary, fast paced project team environment
- Ability to undertake a variety of project related tasks related to EAS
- A University Degree or College Diploma from a recognized institution
- Professional Designation or willing to pursue an Asset (P. Bio, P. Ag, P. Eng)
- A minimum 5 years' direct experience in the environmental industry serving Oil & Gas
- Broad experience and understanding of the Federal and Provincial (Western Canada) regulatory framework
- An understanding of varying field duties
- Experience in budgeting and costs controls
- Previous experience managing projects and/or in related roles
- Ability to represent Summit during discussions with internal and external clients
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with multi-provincial EA methodology and criteria (asset)
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Strong computer skills
Additionally, as an independent consultant the successful candidate will require:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- WCB clearance and # for Alberta and Potentially Saskatchewan
- All safety tickets (First Aid and CPR, H2S, WHMIS, TDG)
- GST #
- Commercial General Liability Insurance ($5,000,000.00 coverage)
- Vehicle Insurance ($5,000,000.00 coverage)
Summit employees work hard because they want to – they get satisfaction from performing high quality duties and for delivering an impeccable product. Hard work deserves reward – and Summit makes sure there is time to play! Team builders, social events, and all-around fun is facilitated and encouraged to show employees that their hard work does not go unnoticed and is appreciated!
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to email@example.com
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
By electronically submitting your resume to Summit, you consent to:
- The use of the information in your resume to determine your suitability for a position with Summit.
- Summit contacting any references that you provide on your resume or during the interview process.
- Summit retaining your resume for a period of one year to consider your eligibility for other positions which may arise in the future.