Environmental Specialist Consultant
Position Type: Environmental Assessments Services Division
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Job Number: #18-06-0227
SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Consultant to join the Environmental Assessment Services (EAS) Division as a Contract Environmental Specialist (Competition #18-06-0227) in Grand Prairie, Alberta. You will report directly to the Regional Manager/Project Manager, EAS.
You will carry out your duties in consultation with the Regional Manager/Project Manager, EAS on all matters. The primary duties include: organizing/managing work plans for selected Oil & Gas and Energy Sector clients, scheduling and follow up with office staff to ensure necessary field and office work is executed in a timely fashion. Specifically, primary duties will relate to baseline environmental assessments and studies, as well as environmental monitoring. You will conduct wildlife surveys, wildlife data analysis and management, interpretation and assessment of wildlife species habitat requirements, wetland assessments as per Alberta wetland Policy, and Aquatic assessments. You will also draft, review and submit all daily field reports, diagrams, site observations as well as make site recommendations.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the quality, cost efficiency and timeliness of deliverables related to: handling all Alberta-based Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Assessments and other jobs types that may be required from time to time.
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic Team of technical administrators, business development professionals, an in-house IT department and many other highly experienced, skilled and educated Professionals.
• A minimum 5 years' direct experience in the environmental industry (Oil and Gas, Energy and Utilities)
• A degree/diploma in the Science related field from a recognized institution – specializing in biology, soil science, forestry
• Registered or eligible to obtain professional designation would be considered an asset
• Strong knowledge of pipeline and wellsite construction practices (i.e. soil handling methods, watercourse crossings, reclamation)
• Working experience assessing watercourse habitat and wetland soils and vegetation in the boreal area, including ability to delineate bogs/fens/swamps
• Experience with Timber volume assessments would be considered an asset
• General wildlife knowledge
• Broad working experience and understanding of the Regulatory requirements for Public Lands, would be considered an asset
• Candidates must be prepared to work in a multidisciplinary, fast paced project team environment
• Ability to represent Summit during discussions with internal and external clients
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal & leadership skills
• Excellent communication and technical writing skills
• Strong computer skills
Additionally, as an independent consultant the successful candidate will require:
• Certificate of Incorporation
• WCB clearance and # for Alberta
• All safety tickets (First Aid and CPR, H2S, WHMIS, TDG)
• GST #
• Commercial General Liability Insurance
• 4x4 vehicle and Vehicle Insurance
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to be the most respected environmental solutions company, admired for its people, performance and innovation.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitls.ca, for job postings.
Check out our Corporate Culture video on YouTube:
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to email@example.com
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.