Senior Project Manager
Posted: Feb. 08, 2019
Position Type: Summit Decommissioning Services Division
Location: Calgary, AB
Job Number: #19-02-0289
SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Summit Decommissioning Services (SDS) Division as a Senior Project Manager (Competition #19-02-0289) in Calgary, Alberta. This position will report directly to the Operations Manager, Summit Decommissioning Services.
In consultation with the Operations Manager, SDS, duties include but are not limited to:
• Managing projects for the oil and gas, power and utilities, land development, and renewable energy sectors
• Providing direction and support to junior project managers that have day-to-day control of project work
• Monitoring progress and ensuring adherence to budgets and schedules
• Providing detailed progress reporting, including spend profiles, trends, and performance
• Maintaining financial systems on behalf of program owners
• Overseeing change management processes
• Client communication and reporting
• Exercising excellent judgement in dispute resolution at the field level, including involving management when necessary
• Consultation and engagement with members of an expert, multi-disciplinary technical team for project support when necessary
• A minimum of seven years of relevant experience
• Experience in construction, well servicing, and decommissioning is an asset
• Experience managing facility construction and earthworks contracting
• Project Management Professional certification (PMP) or the ability to demonstrate similar skill sets
• A science-based university degree or college diploma from a recognized institution specializing in engineering or environmental sciences preferred
• Registered member with APEGA or eligible for registration is an asset
• Demonstrable initiative, ownership, independence and excellent multitasking and problem-solving skills
• Exemplary client relationship and management skills
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
• Proven interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent communication and technical writing skills
• Strong computer skills and experience with project management software
• Confident, capable and productive in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced project team environment
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to be the most respected environmental solutions company, admired for its people, performance and innovation.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to email@example.com
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.