Posted: June 6, 2019
Position Type: Finance and Corporate Services Division
Location: Calgary, AB
Job Number: #19-06-0308
SUMMIT is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our Finance and Corporate Services Division as a Billing Supervisor based out of our Calgary, AB office. (Competition #19-06-0308). This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and is part of a team that provides support to multiple lines of business within Summit, An Earth Services Company.
• Oversee a team of Project Coordinators and Billers of multiple divisions
• Assist team in process billing in accordance with a client’s requirements and within the currently established procedures, which includes:
o Verifying that all charges billed to the client are backed up with original input documents (i.e. approved time-sheets etc.)
o Pulling any invoice backup, as needed, to issue invoice in a timely manner
• Ensure all data entry documents received are verified and input into the accounting system weekly based on current data entry procedures and timelines
• Review and load Project Opening Forms within the accounting system daily
• Complete any budget changes and variance adjustments as needed and as per “Month End Schedule”
• Ensure all manual adjustment entries, such as Debit (DB) or Credit (CR) notes, manual transfers, or manual invoices, are approved by direct supervisor prior to input to the accounting system
• Review Work in Progress (WIP) and AR bi-weekly for accuracy and for aging issues for divisions you are responsible to bill, seeking assistance from Unit & Project Managers where necessary and escalating problems and issues to Supervisors
• Provide assistance, financial information, and training to operations staff as required
• Work with operations to enhance the flow of information to the Project Accounting team, notifying Supervisor of any issues related to flow, including prebill reports not being returned in a timely fashion
• Maintain communications with Project and Division Managers regarding Project Accounting function and changes that may impact their work
• Manage the collection process through emails and letters to customers as well as coordinate payment plans as required
• Create and manage statements of accounts, and Aging AR reports
• Assist with Month-end procedures
• Accurately complete the monthly bill cycles as well as ad-hoc manual invoices as required
• Reconciliation of Accounts Receivable balances between financial systems
• Responsible for client on-boarding and customer updates and maintenance
• Internal and external customer communications and resolution of requests for accounts receivable issues
• Investigate, trouble shoot and respond to billing inquiries in accordance with prescribed scripts, company standards and processes
• Perform new customer credit checks and coordinate payment method with the Business Development team
• Provides support for annual and periodic audits
• Other ad hoc duties as required
• Minimum 5 years Billing experience required
• Business Diploma or Certificate, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Experience with Project Management systems and within Professional services firms would be considered an asset
• Excellent understanding of the billing processes, as well as financial systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill
• Strong organization skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi task
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong time management skills.
• Capable of working independently to meet deadlines
• Exhibits a positive, courteous, respectful and helpful attitude to clients, co-workers, and management team
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to be the most respected environmental solutions company, admired for its people, performance and innovation.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.